Each year as part of their school programme, almost 15,000 pupils, from the four corners of Belgium, attend activities, rehearsals or performances at the Opera Royal de Wallonie-Liège. Discovering the lyrical genre is often a first-time experience for the children and young people who come to the opera house with their teachers. The outstanding setting of the concert hall makes the event even more original.
Coming to the opera allows them to discover a unique art form and the thrills that it can inspire. It also helps them think about society and its values through the subjects covered. Lastly, it enables them to get to grips with artistic and technical professions and know-how that deserve to be known.
- All types of schools are welcomed, from nursery school upwards, in collaboration with the Jeunesses Musicales de Liège youth organisation.
- Programmes adapted to school situations (times, durations, themes, etc.).
- Performances of major operas are accessible from secondary school level onwards.
- Open rehearsals, guided tours and class activities can be organised.
- Learning tools are made available.
The schools programme and information on bookings will be available from 2nd September 2020.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org